Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Enough is enough!" - and I've most CERTAINLY had ENOUGH!

I can't help but agree with my friend Kate in her most recent blog where she says, "Being stripped down to the very tenants of your faith sucks"....boy does it ever!

Then I read "The Shower is Still a Good Place to Cry In" . Oh how I relate. When God strips things away...maybe something I had just gotten used to, something I thought I was entitled to, something I thought I needed to be complete, something I thought I needed to be 'happy' - I just CRY! I cry ALOT!

I know we're supposed to praise Jesus - for being good, for being faithful, but let's be honest...sometimes you just don't feel like it. You aren't even sure that you believe it and can't muster up the energy to say it.


In the CRY blog, she says, "I yelled and pounded a pillow with my fist and say,"I don't want to thank You for the pit that I am in. You put me here, remember? OK, wait, forgive me for blaming You. But I hate it here. Why would I ever thank You for Your goodness when this feels so not good?" "

Can you relate? Please tell me that I am not alone here! However, the truth of the matter is, He IS faithful. He DOES understand suffering and can relate even when we are at our lowest and the sun stays hidden for days, weeks, months....He promised to NEVER leave us or forsake us.

Standing in the middle of the storm, you typically do good to put one foot in front of the other, but I am reminded of a poem that you have probably read, but I feel compelled to share...it's a nice reminder for me today.


Footprints in the Sand

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.  For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it: "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way".

But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why whenI needed you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied: "My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints,it was then that I carried you."

Mary Stevenson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy