Friday, August 27, 2010

Corn Dogs and Lemon Shake-ups

I don't know where in the world this week came from or where it went, but I am most certainly glad that it's over! This was the first full week of teaching in Cairo, as well as having all of my students at the studio. It was a bit nuts and incredibly hectic! Here are some highlights (or possibly lowlights) from this week:

-- My High School classes are fantastic so far. Students who seem to want to learn? WHAT????!!!! My Junior High class...hmm...I don't think I'm going to have to kill anyone, so that's a plus!

-- I started a stupid diet last Monday (the 16th). To date, I have lost about 10lbs. YAY! NO, NOT YAY! I do fine at breakfast (except I HATE cooking breakfast at 6AM and I'm SICK of eggs!) and I do okay at lunch (don't have much time to think about it). Dinner is a different story. I have been very angry this week at dinnertime. I am SICK of eating the same things over and over and since I don't finish at the studio until around 7PM, I don't have time to cook dinner. So, I've decided that I am going to try to stick to my breakfast and lunch plan and then eat sensible for dinner (whatever that means!).

--  Ronnie has started his Master's program this week and seems to be doing well so far. He quit B&N, so this is all he really has to focus on. So proud of him. He won't quite be finished when we get married, but close enough that the end will be in sight.

--  currently looking for a reception venue that doesn't cost me my firstborn child

--  Completely excited about the studio! It's so nice to have a place to go and teach and everyone seems to feel so 'at home' there! I really LOVE it!

--  I'm going to the fair tonight. My lil bro is in the Demo Derby. He won at Pulaski Co! And I'm eating a corndog while I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The End

1 comments:

TheHouse said...

That's a lot of exclamations points for a corndog, dude ;)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy