Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ashamed

My friend Kate says according to the Pioneer Woman you should blog everyday....

The Pioneer Woman obviously doesn't have my schedule, but I am making a commitment to attempt to blog at least 3 times a week for now. While I have NO idea what I am going to write about. Today a friend said, "How is that we are so busy yet when someone asks us what's new we have nothing to tell them?" My response, "Probably because I spend everyday doing to the same stuff!" Get up (not in a good mood and not happy to be up). Take a shower (hoping that will help my disposition). Make-up and hair (which takes a LOT longer than it should because its 6AM). Fix breakfast (because on this dumb diet I can't just grab cereal - a real shame because I LOVE cereal!). Rush to gather all of my things (that I should've gotten together the night before but I didn't because I was way to exhausted). Go to school and try to impart knowledge to students (some days are more successful than others). Go to the studio and teach. Eat dinner with Ronnie. Go home. Fall into bed.

There you have it - my cycle of a day. Next day? Repeat.

So, today I left school early because I was feeling like crap! I decided to make the most of my day. I went to Verizon to get help with my phone (which is a piece!). No luck. Went to Best Buy (where I actually bought it). Since I have the insurance plan I inquired about how to make a claim. He told me to flush my phone in the toilet and drop it from a high building then bring it in. I asked about running over it with the car. He thought that was too obvious and since the insurance only covers "accidental" damage.....I'm thinking a can of Coke and my phone may meet in the near future.

Then I went to Hobby Lobby where I had a really great "God" moment. So, I'm finishing up shopping for reception decor. I want fall decorations and what Hobby Lobby has now is all you get because they won't be getting anymore. I have been waiting for candle rings to go on sale, but they haven't. So, I decided to suck it up and just buy them ($10 each - ouch!). I got to the register and asked the girl if they were to go on sale next week could I bring them back and get a price reduction. She said yes. We talked a little bit and I told her they were for my wedding and I was just afraid that if I waited until they went on sale, I wasn't going to be able to find what I wanted. She rang me up and the total was far less than it should have been. She handed me my receipt and said, "so you don't have to come back I just gave you 50% off.' I thanked her and cried when I got to the car (I'm a little hormonal AND I don't feel good). I was overwhelmed by how God takes care of us even in things as small as getting a sale price on candle rings that weren't actually on sale.

Right now, I am at the point in my day where I go home, fall into bed and get ready to repeat. Hopefully tomorrow will bring another "God" moment. I pray I never miss them when they come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy