Monday, November 15, 2010

Afraid of...

Oh, this should be fun.

While I am not afraid of everything, I most certainly have fears...some of them irrational.

I am not afraid of heights or flying or dying or finishing last

I am afraid of spiders, snakes and flying bugs in the car. I will pull over to the side of the road and 'abandon ship' until that bug or spider is out of the car. Ronnie doesn't understand, but it really freaks me out! Irrational? Probably, but I don't care!

I am afraid of disappointing certain people in my life. People in general...pfft...I don't care, but there are certain people that I care about more than life itself and I never want to let them down or disappoint them.

I have an irrational fear of going blind and deaf. I could still play the piano and sing if I were blind, so I guess I fear going deaf more, but it sure would be difficult to teach voice if I couldn't see or hear.

I am afraid that I am going to suck at this whole marriage - being a wife thing. Pray for me, people! Well, pray for Ronnie. Bless his heart.

I am afraid of not being a good example of a Christian woman. I look at some people and think, "Man, they sure do have it together. They have this whole walking with Jesus thing down!" I'm certain that I just don't see their faults, but when I look at my life compared to theirs I secretly hope that they have as many faults as I do (is that wrong?) and that others can somehow look past my faults and see that I'm not perfect, but simply redeemed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy