Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Few Good Reads

Ok, so I am a little behind on this 30 day blog challenge, but I haven't felt well for a couple of days. In fact, I have been more sick than I can ever remember being before. I'll spare you the details, but I am going to attempt to catch up while I'm sitting at home. I tried to do the craft fair thing - I survived half of it.

So, books. Yeah...I have several favorites, so I tried to think of a few of my all-time favorites - books I would read multiple times.
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein - This came as a recommendation from Ronnie. It was fabulous and I highly recommend it.
  • Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala - I HAVE read this book multiple times. It is part of a series, but this is by far my favorite.
  • Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell - LOVE LOVE LOVE Rob Bell! Ronnie has bought me every book he has written. This is such a wonderful book.
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - A recommendation from Crystal and I really loved this book.
  • Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster - I would read anything that she writes! I think I love her because I can totally identify with her AND she's hilarious!
There are so many more that I have read and loved. A LOT of them were recommendations or books that I borrowed from friends. What are some of your favorites? I'm always looking for a good recommendation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy