Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Miss...

I miss the simple life.

(NOTE: Simple - when I didn't ALWAYS have somewhere to be; when I didn't have bills; when I had plenty of time to spend with friends; when my biggest concern was whether to have poppyseed chicken or chicken nuggets and curly fries for lunch)

I miss performing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE musical theater. (It WAS my major after all.) While I love teaching voice at my studio, I miss performing terribly. I can't explain it. It's just a part of me. And if someone gave me the chance to perform Elphaba in Wicked, I'd drop everything and begin rehearsals tomorrow!

I miss the days of thinking that all people who go to church make it their goal to walk out their faith everyday. Ignorance really is bliss sometimes. I miss not being frustrated with 'church people'.

I miss thinking that ANYTHING is possible. Now don't get me wrong, I know that all things are possible with God, but I'm talking about those crazy dreams we used to have when we thought we were unstoppable. I now realize that I have limitations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy