Monday, February 21, 2011

Prayer Mondays


So, my friend, Crys has started Prayer Mondays. It's pretty simple. You offer your requests and a prayer for the week then link up. You pray for the requests of others. Others pray for your requests. Fabulous idea. I strongly encourage you to join Prayer Mondays.

So, I sat through the same sermon Crys did Sunday morning - if you read her blog some of this may sound familiar, but it's going to tie into a prayer request so stay with me. The scripture was Ephesians 5:15-17: "So watch your step. Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times! Don't live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants.

Sometimes I step without that step being ordered. Perhaps its out of impatience, or my ADD which leaves me feeling like I need to be "doing" something, but regardless, I need to work on this. I don't always feel as though I make the most of every chance I get - sometimes because I'm so busy that I don't see it as a 'chance' for anything. I feel like because of this I often do live 'unthinkingly' and don't really understand what God wants.

My requests:
1. Cairo School District. Please pray for God's will to be done in the day-to-day as well as the future of the schools.

2. Leonard Sadler, a veteran that I go to church with is really ill. Please pray for God to heal his body and give his wife strength.

3. My Precious (which is what Ronnie wants to be referred to on this blog from now on - weirdo!)

4. Please pray that regardless of my schedule that I will get better at this watching my step, using my head, making the most of every chance I get stuff...

**5. My 'sister' Tori - we've adopted her (We frequent a local diner. She is a daughter to the owner. They're catering mine and Precious' wedding). Her dad passed away yesterday. Please pray for her and her sisters in this time of loss

Prayer for the week:
Father, You are truly an amazing God. Your love, mercy and grace know no limits. Thank You for being much bigger than we could ever imagine. This week, as life happens, help me to be constantly aware of Your presence - from the time that I wake up until the time that I fall asleep. Help me to know when to stand still, when to move, when to be quiet and when to speak. I don't want to live unthinkingly this week. Show me Your will in every aspect of my life. Guide me as I make choices and decisions that will ultimately affect Kingdom business.

**added after inital posting

1 comments:

Debbie Mays said...

I will be joining this group in prayer for these requests.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy