Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - March 16, 2011


1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend that pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation somewhere. Now, tell me what you would do with that cup pot of gold?
I'm getting married in October. I would probably save it back for the honeymoon or for house stuff.

2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?
I like green....does that count? Crys's Favorite's b-day is on St. Patty's Day. That's worth celebrating. I like shamrocks. Crap. I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but I think I really want to now.

3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading?
Perhaps its the Spring Cleaning bug or perhaps it's the "you're getting married and need to sort through your massive amounts of crap" bug, but I have began going through everything I own and making a yard sale/give away pile.

4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest....your favorite shade of green?
Green actually IS my favorite color. I really like grass green - I guess shamrock green is pretty close.

5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." So... do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
I believe in blessings from God and the favor of God.

6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? Pi =3.14. Those math types are so clever aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind). mmm. PIE! I like lots of pies, but my friend Kim fixes an amazing banana split pie that I've grown fond of. I like coconut and chocolate. I like apple pie. I'm getting REALLY hungry.
 7. That same date (3/14) was also the birth date of the late physicist, Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of pi. What do you think is more important and/or valuable in life...intelligence or common sense?
YES. I am an educator. I think knowledge is invaluable, but lacking good common sense can definitely cause some difficulties in a person's life.

8. I have no idea why I am blogging when I have so much more to do, but my brain needs a break. Does anyone else make to-do lists and just want to cry at the sheer volume of tasks on that list?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have hated to-do lists since I was a kid and found them left for me by my mom. I. Do. No. Make. Them. Period.

BTW, hello from a fellow educator. We always have lots to do, but blogging helps us reflect and take a chill pill.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Unknown said...

Great answers :)

Mary said...

#2 made me smile! Sounds like you have an awful lot going on!

unsure of the future said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting :-) God bless on your upcoming wedding! We got married in September and will celebrate 19 years this year...doesn't seem possible! I'm a list maker too, an being a homeschool mom I make lots of lists...yes sometimes it does seem overwhelming!

Joyce said...

I could cry at the length of my to do list this week but I think if you're planning a wedding you win : )

Expats Again said...

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage in October.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy