Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - May 4, 2011


1. Have you ever been served breakfast in bed? Do you enjoy that? If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this coming weekend what would you hope to see on the tray?
I have never had breakfast in bed. I think it would bother me. Eating in bed bothers me and its strange to have people serve you. I think women get used to taking care of others and it just seems odd to have someone take care of you sometimes.
On the tray? Well, I'm craving French Toast right now...

2. What is one piece of advice you would give a new mother?
 I have no idea. I don't have kids. Things my mom tells me when I question my ability to be a mother:
- consistency, dear, consistency...a strong-willed child needs firmness on a consistent basis (scared to death my children are going to be hard-headed and stubborn and I'm going to want to choke them)
- you'll feel differently when it's your own (in regards to vomit and poop - I'm a sympathetic puker and smells make me gag)
- pass the baby (clingy kids get on my nerves and so do clingy moms)

3. When was the last time you wanted to scream? Explain.
umm...right now? Flooding is causing some MAJOR problems where I live. People are losing their homes, having to stay in shelters, we haven't had school in a week and a half. I'm frustrated - glad it's finally stopped raining, but still frustrated and could really just use a good scream (or some ice cream).

4. Can you hula hoop?
I haven't tried in a long time. I think that I might hurt myself if I tried.

5. What is something people do in traffic that really bothers you?
- People who pull out in front of you
- driving 15mph UNDER the speed limit. UGH!
- not stopping far enough back that someone can properly parallel park
- this list could go on and on - I'm a bit of an angry driver (thanks dad)

6. What do you do when people don't admit they're wrong?
I'm a teacher. This is an epidemic. 
Student who was wrong: "well (insert someone's name other than their own) did (insert some random action that student who was wrong feels make them do what was wrong)"
Me: "What did YOU do?"
Student who was wrong: shuffles feet. looks at ground. may or may not fess up.

Adults? Should be ashamed of themselves. If you're wrong, you're wrong. Just admit it, make the wrong right and move on with life.

7. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'fun'?
Singing and dancing like no one is watching with your best friends. Those girls sure do know how to have  good time!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Just wondering what God has in store...there is so much turmoil and hurt all around me right now. I think He is getting ready to do something BIG. Great big God. Great big plan. Requires great big faith....

6 comments:

Susan said...

*tears of laughter* Oh your post made me laugh so hard! I loved the reply to question #2, that was too much, and from that one to the sixth question... ha ha ha.... I have to re-read this one over and over because I can get the visual and it's too funny! Thanks for making me laugh!

The Lumberjacks's Wife said...

I am nowhere near the flooding, but I am sorry for all the stress, hurting and turmoil you are all going through. I can't even imagine.

Jill said...

Speaking as the mother of six, your children probably will be strong-willed and stubborn at times and you probably will want to choke them. That's okay as long as you don't actually go through with it. : )

Jhona O. said...

Praying for your community!

Bobbi said...

Oh, I just love your number 8! Amen...SING LOUD!!

Joyce said...

I love the thought that God is up to something big. He knows the end from the beginning... Thinking of all those who are hurting and who have suffered tremendous loss. Take care!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy