Monday, July 18, 2011

Prayer Monday - July 18, 2011


So, this morning I got up early. I exercised (SHOCK!). I fixed myself breakfast (scrambled eggs with sauteed peppers and onions and blueberries). I took a shower and got ready (sweating the whole time because my body doesn't seem to want to come back to a normal temperature EVER but especially after I exercise and sweat half to death - then add to that the fact that it's supposed to be 12,000 degree with 520% humidity this week...just sayin'). So, back to my story - The Knot told me yesterday that I have 90 days until our wedding (today it says 88 - someone doesn't know how to count). Regardless, I have decided that I have no control over practically anything in my life and I don't have a job (other than teaching at the studio - grateful, but it alone will not pay the bills), so my job is now to take care of me. My body doesn't respond like I want it to when I exercise or eat healthy, however, I know it's better for me. So, I'm choosing to focus on my 'temple'. Pray for me people. I'm not good at this whole being healthy thing. I HATE exercising - mostly because I don't like to sweat and I sweat profusely when I do. I don't mind the whole eating healthy, but it requires a lot of time and preparation and I run a lot (not like run exercise run - yeah, right - fat chance of that EVER happening, but run as in I'm never home).

My mom and dad (and other Neely family members), are heading home this week from a motorcycle trip. It's supposed to be HOT. Please remember them as they travel. My prayer: God bless the crazies that decided it was a good idea to ride on motorcycles in the middle of flippin' July. They're obviously suffering from some mental malfunctions. :-)

I have had a rather trying week with people in general. Truth be told, I don't like most people right now. Pray for me as I work on this. I'm thinking Jesus needs me to like people in order to love people, in order to be his light...I'm not even at the like people part today and I'm finding myself especially not fond of 'church people'. Sad, I know.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Praying for you (especially on the liking people part, though I totally understand!) and for your crazy, motorcycle riding family!

TheHouse said...

I stopped by and prayed for you today--though I didn't spend a whole heck of a lot of time praying for exercise ;)

Armanda said...

Sheena - I stopped by and prayed over you!

Tara said...

Praying for you, Sheena!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy