Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sheena Talks...about Integrity


This is my apology. I am not apologizing because I care what most of you think about me or my blog (that you have probably never read until this post). And I am not apologizing because I feel like there was anything untruthful in the post. I am apologizing because it is my act of obedience to God and because I DO still actually care about people’s spiritual well-being – the same well-being this post seemed to be hindering. It was not my intention to hinder anyone’s walk, so I am removing the story from this post.

___________________________________________________________________

When you are responsible for the well-being of others (and we are as Christians), choices you make do indeed affect others. When our beliefs, our words, our actions do not line up...people notice! It's called integrity - or a lack of (depending on if yours are lining up or not).

Proverbs 11:3 says, "The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity." Integrity it vital in the Christian walk. Things can look so good on the outside but our public lives are only as authentic as our private lives. Integrity is when what you say, what you do, what you think and what you believe all line up.

Billy Graham said, "Integrity is the glue that holds our way of life together. We must constantly strive to keep our integrity intact. When wealth is lost, nothing is lost. When health is lost, something is lost. When character is lost, all is lost." Oh. How. True. Character matters. Integrity matters. Without integrity, ministering to others is impossible.

Note: Girlfriends in God can spur a lot of thoughts. If you're looking for a daily devotional check it out at BibleGateway.com
 

Template by Blogger Candy